Fivex Art Prize for Billboard Art Reimagined
First prize: AU$30,000
The Fivex Art Prize is a new and unique annual award in Australia for digital billboard art, highlighting the dynamic relationship between contemporary art and urban street culture.
Sponsored by Australia’s leading digital billboard company, QMS Media, the Fivex Foundation invites artists to submit one or more works specially created for two LED advertising billboards – a horizontal corner ‘wrap’, and a vertical ‘podium’ – located at the corner of Flinders and Elizabeth streets in the center of Melbourne, Australia.
Showcased at designated intervals among commercial advertising content, the artworks will surprise and excite the thousands of Melbournians who pass the iconic billboards daily.
- Winning artworks exhibited from 14 December 2020 to 31 January 2021
The judging panel for the inaugural Fivex Art Prize is comprised of distinguished figures from the fields of art, media and advertising:
- Jane Devery, Curator, Contemporary Art, National Gallery of Victoria
- Liss Fenwick, Public Art Project Lead, Melbourne City Council
- Gary Deirmendjian, Artist
- Charmaine Moldrich, CEO, Outdoor Media Association, Australia
- Alessio Cavallaro, Creative Producer, Fivex Art Prize, and media art curator
The Fivex Art Prize is an initiative of The Fivex Foundation. The Foundation gratefully acknowledges the generous support and collaboration of QMS Media.